24/02/2010

UPDATED! I've been hacked on Twitter!


I changed my password already. 
What else can/should I do?


EDIT
Here's what you should know if YOU got DM from me asking "Is this you?" 


It's NOT ME!!!!




So what should you do if you fall victim to a phishing scam turned social network worm? Be a friend and alert your contacts that messages posted are not actually from you. In general, the ABCs of proper etiquette after a normal social networking scam are:

* Acknowledge the attack to anyone who might have been adversely impacted;

* Be detailed: Tell them what message they might have received as a result of the malware/phishing and what might have happened as a result;

* Caution your contacts: Use this as an opportunity to remind everyone that just because they think a message comes from someone they know, there really is no way of telling for sure. If they ever do click a link that then leads to a login page or to a video codec install, they should close the page immediately and contact their friend via some other method to inquire (and possibly alert them) about the seemingly malicious link.

Here's the full article


EDIT 2.



This You????: Yet Another Phishing Attack Hits Twitter [WARNING]



It's Mashable's article about the problem I had today!





10 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your hacking! I did get the link and clicked it, but I didn't fill any info in b/c it did seem wrong...I thought it was going to be a picture or something! :)
    I think changing your password and maybe making sure you have Norton or something similar is the best you can do.
    Take Care! (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know nothing about this until Maf (you'll see her art later today!) asked me have I sent DM to her.
    And after her people around the world asked what hell is wrong with me! argh!
    First thing what I did I changed my password.
    Then I posted here about the problem plus I sent several tweets to inform people NOT open the link.
    I hope it's over now.
    Never open links which are weird or not sender's style to communicate.

    CHRISTINE
    OMG, I didn't know what was in that message.
    Good you didn't do anything! sigh!
    I have all kinds of security systems...but they don't work on Twitter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onpas sulla kysyntää valokuvavarkaille ja hackereille.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sorry to hear that! That is such an invasion! I usually call people on phone to ask them if they sent me a link. I know it is backwards but I've been a victim before! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allun lailla samaa mietin,että aika huono onni sulla on ollut .Mulla onneksi ei ole Twitteriä.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes...you always have to use caution...careful what you open. Delete. Report spam, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jee, hope all is well now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALLU
    tekevalle sattuu! pyorin niin paljon ympariinsa ettei ole ihme kaikenmaailman tartunnat - siis virtuaaliset! :)

    SCRIBER
    I hope it's over now because I changed my password very quickly...

    YAELIAN
    kuten Allulle sanoin tekevalle sattuu...ihme ettei ole tarttunut aiemmin!

    MYTHO
    yep I am but...I don't know how this happend because I didn't know anything until Maf sent me a message asking what's going on...I'm happy and lucky she did!

    NICOLE
    Yep, I do hope so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to change my password FOUR freakin' times this week. What a pain-in-the-ass. And no. I'm not "24 and horny."

    ReplyDelete
  10. INJAYNESWORLD
    4?!
    Today Mashable posted again about that
    "This you???" - some BBC people were hacked.
    It's a pity there are always those who are trying to spoil fun and useful things...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

PostRank Topblogs 2009 - #1 in Expats PostRank Topblogs 2009 - Engagement Award PostRank Topblogs 2009 - Shaker Award
 
Web Statistics Creative Commons License
This work by BLOGitse is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 1.0 Finland License.